For Immediate Release: October 12, 2012
Contact: Carol Morgan
Telephone: (712) 242-2131
SW IA ECI: “ESGR: Basic Training for Employers: What You Need to Know When Employees are in the Guard and Reserves”
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – Employers: Do you know the resources that can help you in your search for quality employees and can help you after you hire an employee who serves in the Guard or Reserves? If your employee is activated for military services, do you know what your company’s responsibilities are before, during and after the employee’s activation? Is your company aware of the reemployment requirements and timeline when a service member returns from military service?
The Southwest Iowa Employers’ Council (ECI) in conjunction with Iowa Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) is offering a free training session for employers, human resource professionals, business owners, managers and supervisors on Wednesday, November 7th to answer these questions for employers. A Salute to Veterans open house will follow the program and refreshments will be served.
Date: Wednesday November 7, 2012
Time: 11:45 am to 3:30 pm
Location: IowaWORKS Loess Hills, 300 West Broadway, Ste 13, Omni Business Centre, Council Bluffs
11:45 am to 2:00 pm: ESGR Basic Training for Employers
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm: Salute to Veterans program will pay tribute to military veterans who have served with distinction in our Armed Forces.
What’s On the Agenda?
• NEW - Understanding a resume written in military language. Tips in translating military language.
• NEW - How do you find that military employee/Veterans?(ICEP.info; h2h.jobs; iowaworkforce.org)
• Role of the Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve – how we can help you as a resource.
• USERRA (Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act) – the law as it pertains to military employees, your rights and your requirements.
• NEW - “Hiring Our Heroes” campaign effort by private and public organizations to assist military personnel reintegrate to civilian life, prepare and find jobs in Iowa
• NEW – “Salute to Veterans” Open House—Showing our Appreciation and hosted by IowaWORKS Loess Hills, Iowa Workforce Development, Council Bluffs
For more information and to register for this session, contact Carol Morgan, IWD Business Marketing Specialist at 712-242-2131 or firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday November 2nd. There is no registration fee to attend. The Salute to Veterans program is being coordinated by Ellen Fritz, IWD’s Veteran’s Representative and she can be contacted at 712-242-2138 or email@example.com.
These sessions have been approved for 2.5 (General) recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR through HRCI.