For Immediate Release: May 17, 2013
Contact: Kerry Koonce
Telephone: (515) 281-9646
Des Moines ECI to Host Lunch and Learn on Unemployment Insurance Law
Des Moines, IA – The Des Moines Area Employers Council of Iowa (ECI) will host a workshop to help employers understand how to effectively handle unemployment insurance claims. Unemployment Insurance Law: Effectively Handling Unemployment Insurance Claims will be held June 11, 2012 from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Raccoon River Park Nature Lodge in West Des Moines.
Chief Administrative Law Judge Joe Walsh will be the presenting the following topics:
• What constitutes misconduct; Quits vs. Discharges
• Requirements for admissibility of drug testing results
• Part-time and temporary assignments
• Preparation for the fact findings and appeals hearing
• The top four mistakes that employers make
• What judges look for in regards to evidence and documentation
Registration for the workshop is $25.00 and includes lunch. To register or to get more information, visit
www.desmoinesmetro.com/events. HRCI has approved 1.5 credits for this workshop.
The Des Moines Area (ECI) is a local business group supported by IowaWORKS Region 11 and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for business people and human resource professionals. For more information, visit www.iowaworkforce.org/eci/.