Southwest Iowa ECI: “Iowa ESGR:
Building Relationships Between Employers & Today’s Military”
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – In support of the Iowa ESGR, Iowa Workforce Development and the Southwest Iowa Employers’ Council (ECI) invite all area employers and businesses to a training session on “Iowa ESGR: Building Relationships Between Employers & Today’s Military” on Wednesday June 4, 2009 from 11:30 am to 2:00 pm at the Shenandoah Historical Museum in Shenandoah. All employers, human resource personnel, recruiters, attorneys, paralegals, business owners & managers are invited to attend. The Shenandoah Historical Museum is located at 800 West Sheridan Ave in Shenandoah.
Session highlights include:
• ESGR: Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve
• Role of Area ESGR Committee
• ESGR Mission, Goals & Support
• Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)-- Updates and compliance with the Department of Labor
• Information and Updates about the Family Military FMLA and House File 2065
• WHAT IS: Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Traumatic Brain Injury Symptoms
• Veterans Center: counseling, outreach and referral services; readjustment to civilian life
• Recently Returned Military: Sharing the experiences of coming back to civilian life
• ESGR Employer Awards Programs and Signature of Support (SoS) signing
Employer comments from past programs include “more employers should attend,” and “all employers or managers should know this information regardless of whether they hire military.”
Lunch will be provided at no cost to employers who attend this session, courtesy of Iowa ESGR. Pre-registration is required by Wednesday May 27, 2009 to Carol Morgan, (712) 242-2131 or
. This program has been approved for 1.5 (General) recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) and a certificate will be provided at the training session.
The Southwest IA Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 13 including Harrison, Shelby, Pottawattamie, Mills, Cass, Freemont and Page counties, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. All businesses, including Iowa, Nebraska and Missouri employers are welcome to attend ECI events. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Carol Morgan at (712) 242-2131 or
for more information about the Southwest Iowa ECI group.