In Iowa, “Freedom to Flourish” means having the ability to make a quality living while enjoying a quality life. No matter what you want to be, Iowa provides opportunities to succeed.
If you’re considering a fresh start, know that Iowa currently has:
- More than 500 open positions for heavy & tractor trailer truck drivers.
- More than 3,200 open jobs in transportation and material-moving occupations.
- Nearly 70,000 openings overall, including jobs in healthcare, manufacturing, insurance, and service industries.
- Rules that allow individuals with a CDL to transfer their licenses to Iowa without any testing if they do so within 30 days of moving.
All this, plus vibrant communities filled with art, culture, music, and affordable housing. When you’re tired of trendy restaurants and kid-friendly museums, you can explore our rolling hills, prairies, rivers, and bluffs.
Come for the opportunity. Stay for the life you’ll create.
Iowa Workforce Development RECENTLY hosted a special webinar to explain everything Iowa has to offer AND THE SERVICES AVAILABLE TO IMPACTED WORKERS. Click here to WATCH THE WEBINAR:
- Named #1 state for Cost of Living, CNBC 2023
- Named #1 for (lowest) Housing Cost; #11 Top States to Live In, WalletHub 2023
- Named #3 for Opportunity, U.S. News & World Report 2023
- We have numerous employers who offer sign-on bonuses and/or relocation packages.
Iowa Workforce Development and the state’s IowaWORKS job centers provide a host of resources to help you transition to a new career. These include:
- Dedicated Career Planners to help match your skills with the Iowa companies who need you.
- Job search, resume, and interviewing workshops (in-person and online)
- Connections to special community incentives for relocating Veterans and their spouses.
Other Resources for Individuals Impacted by Yellow Corp. Closure
- From IWD's Rapid Response Team:
- Some of the Benefits of IowaWORKS
- What is Title I - WIOA?
- HiSET Program for High School Equivalency Degree
- Learn English for Free
- Household Budgeting Worksheet
- Q&A for Dislocated Workers (Retirement & Healthcare)
How to Get Started
Watch these videos for more information about the services and resources available through IowaWORKS.gov