For Immediate Release
Contact: Diane Oak Goode: (515) 242-0056
Iowa Workforce Development recently released the revised Successful Interviewing Guide to provide valuable information to employers and workers on the application and interviewing process. The Guide was developed by Iowa Workforce Development with input from the Iowa Civil Rights Commission and the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
The Guide provides information on:
• Writing a Job Description
• Advertising the Job
• Discovering an Applicant’s Qualifications
• Avoiding Discrimination During the Hiring Process
• Summary Guide to Application and Pre-Employment Questions
• Sample Employment Application
• Workforce Resources for Employers
The Guide can be accessed at no cost at Iowa Workforce Development’s web site at www.iowaworkforce.org. Limited copies of the Guide are also available through local Workforce Development centers. The locations of the Centers are posted on the web site.
Note: The Guide is designed for general educational purposes only and is not intended, nor should it be construed as or relied upon, as legal advice. Users of the Guide should consult their legal counsel or other employment advisor for specific legal advice.