For Immediate Release
Contact: Sara Messerly
Telephone: (515) 576-3131
FORT DODGE, IOWA - On Friday, September 9, 2005, the Employer’s Network Taskforce will host a workshop on Drafting Employee Handbooks and Job Descriptions. Featured speakers are Barbara Tapscott, Employment Law Attorney with Iowa Workforce Development (IWD), Des Moines, and Craig Immerfall, Business Consultant also with IWD, Des Moines. Their presentation has been well received by business groups across the state. The presentation will last approximately 1.5 hours.
This educational workshop includes:
• Information on how to make your handbook an effective management tool
• An overview of what should and should not be included in your handbook
• Techniques for writing and updating workplace policies
• How to develop accurate and informative job descriptions
• Time saving tips and resources to help the drafting process
The Employer’s Network Taskforce is an employer’s group in Region 5, supported locally by the Fort Dodge Area Chamber of Commerce and Iowa Workforce Development, and is part of the statewide Employer’s Council of Iowa.
Please note: the meeting will be held at the Best Western Starlite Village, Junction of Hwy 169 and 7, Fort Dodge. The meeting will run from 7:30 a.m. to approximately 9:30 a.m. The cost is $7.50 per person, which includes a hot breakfast. Pre-registration is required. Please RSVP your attendance by calling the Chamber at (515) 955-5500. For further information, contact Sara Messerly, Iowa Workforce Development, at (515) 576-3131.