For Immediate Release: January 14, 2010
Contact: Bob Becker
Telephone: (712) 262-1971 ext 126, Ext. 1015
Military in the Workplace: What Employers need to know when Guard or Reserve Employees leave and return from military service
ALGONA, IOWA - The Kossuth County Employers’ Council (ECI) will be meeting on Wednesday, February 17, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at Iowa Lakes Community College, 2111 Hwy. 169 N., Algona, Iowa. All employers, human resource personnel, accounting, payroll, and other staff members are invited to attend. Featured speakers will be ESGR (Employer Support of Guard and Reserve) Representatives.
Featured program will be “Military in the Workplace: What Employers need to know when Guard or Reserve Employees leave and return from military service.
• Will your company be affected by a member leaving for deployment in 2010?
• Do you know what your companies’ rights and requirements are?
• Learn steps you can take to assist your military employees.
• Discover resources available to employers with returning employees and their families.
• Refresh your understanding or enhance your understanding of the Law as it pertains to employment status of your military employee.
• Listen to a military employee discuss their transition from military to civilian life. What challenges did they face and what things were positive for them.
Pre-registration is requested by Friday, February 12, 2010 to Bob Becker, (712) 262-1971 ext. 126 or
. The meal is free and there is no charge for the program. If you register, please attend. A certificate of attendance will be provided to attendees for recertification purposes.
The Kossuth County Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development Region 3 and 4, and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues, and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Bob Becker at
if you have questions about this training session or about the Kossuth County Employers’ Council.