SW IA ECI: “Impact on Iowa: The Affordable Care Act”
COUNCIL BLUFFS, IOWA – Does the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act have you a little puzzled? Join our panel of eight (8) experts for a timely seminar on the Act and its impact on Iowa’s small to mid-size employers. Our three-hour information session is intended for healthcare providers, human resource professionals, insurance producers, small and mid-size business owners, social workers, and those who want to learn about health care reform.
Impact on Iowa: The Affordable Care Act Thursday April 19, 2012 9:00 am to 12:00 pm Iowa Western Community College, Looft Hall Auditorium Council Bluffs, IA 51503
• The Act’s key points and how it changes the way employers provide benefits
• What health insurance reform implementation will look like in Iowa
• Primary issues for small businesses and solutions to tackle those concerns
• What the Act means for your employees’ healthcare provider options
• Strategies addressing HR dilemmas for small and mid-size employers
• Important tax challenges and how to capitalize on the tax incentives
• How to interpret the legislative policy, its legal challenges and impact of those judicial decisions
Panel of Experts:
• Alice Helle, BrownWinick Law Firm
• Angel Robinson, Iowa Insurance Division
• Becky Greenwald, U.S. Small Business Administration
• Brook Rosenberg, Ahrold Fay Rosenberg, Inc
• Chris Collins, LWBJ Financial
• Kit Wagar, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
• Sean Yolish, Merit Resources
• Ryan Meyer, Iowa Healthcare Collaborative
Register to attend by calling IWCC at 712-325-3255/800-352-4649 Class Number INSUR99*06. This program has been approved for 3.0 (Strategic Business) recertification credit hours towards PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through HRCI, Insurance Producers Course #81511, IA Board of Nurses 0.33 CEUs, Social Workers 3.3 CEUs, Nursing Home Administrators. There is a minimal registration fee to attend. This session is brought to you in partnership by SW IA ECI, IWCC, Iowa Workforce Development, Council Bluffs Chamber, Iowa Assoc of Business & Industry and One Source Training.
The Southwest Iowa Employers’ Council is a local employer group supported by Iowa Workforce Development and is part of the statewide Employers’ Council of Iowa system. All employers are welcome to attend SW IA ECI events. This employer’s group addresses workforce issues and provides both educational and networking opportunities for employers and human resource professionals. Contact Carol Morgan at (712) 242-2131 if you have questions about this session or about the Southwest Iowa Employers’ Council, IowaWORKS Loess Hills.