Latest News Releases and Announcements
Iowa's Unemployment Rate Decreases to 4.1 Percent in October
Iowa’s seasonally adjusted unemployment rate decreased slightly to 4.1 percent in October. The state’s jobless rate was 3.5 percent one year ago. The U.S. unemployment rate was little changed at 4.9 percent in October.
2016 Apprenticeship Week Proclamation
Gov. Branstad signs a proclamation for Registered Apprenticeship Appreciation and Awareness Week, Nov. 14-20, 2016.
Unemployment Insurance Division Administrator Appointed to Integrity Center Steering Committee for National Workforce Agency
Ryan West, unemployment insurance division administrator for Iowa Workforce Development (IWD), has been asked to serve on the Integrity Center Steering Committee for the National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA).
Iowa Workforce Development Holds Events Throughout the State to Honor Veterans
In recognition of Veterans Day, Iowa Workforce Development is holding events throughout Iowa to recognize veterans and to help veterans find employment.
IWD offers numerous programs and services at its one-stop IowaWORKS offices throughout the state. Veteran Representatives in the IowaWORKS offices provide veterans and clients of Veterans Administration Vocational Rehabilitation with the following services:
• Home Base Iowa, Iowa’s award-winning innovative program to help veterans find jobs in Iowa
• Conduct job searches
• Develop job interviewing and resume writing skills
• Help place eligible veterans in federally-funded employment and training programs
• Monitor job listings from federal agencies and federal contractors to ensure veterans receive priority service when referred for these jobs
• Provide intensive services to meet the employment needs of eligible veterans