How to File a Weekly Claim
Most claimants can receive unemployment insurance (UI) benefits for up to 26 weeks, and in some cases 39 weeks. To receive payments after filing for UI benefits, a claimant must confirm eligibility every week using the claims reporting system.
Each week that the weekly claim is filed, the claimant will be asked to certify the following:
- are unemployed or working only reduced hours
- are able and available for work
- have not refused any job offers or referrals
- are actively looking for work (unless waived)
- are reporting any pension they may be receiving
- are reporting any gross wages, vacation (PTO), severance and/or holiday pay they may be receiving
The weekly claim can be filed online or by mobile devices.
Hours to Submit a Weekly Claim
Monday through Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
9:00 am Saturday to 11:30 pm Sunday
Check the Status of a UI Claim (Benefit Inquiry)
The 'status of claim' option allows claimants to verify:
- the last week UI benefits were claimed
- the date and amount of the last UI benefit payment
- the remaining balance of UI benefits available to receive
The 'status of claim' or 'UI benefit payment' is available online.
Hours to Check Status of a UI Claim
Tuesday through Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
If Monday is a holiday, the 'status of claim' option is not available until Wednesday of that week.